Dear pet owner,
In light of the increasing number of infections with the corona virus in the Netherlands our government has given advice. We as a veterinary clinic would like to keep to this advice. We are a care providing facility, hence we will not close our doors. We feel, that our patients are in need of our care at all times. Besides, we feel we have a responsability to our clients as well. Therefore we would like to inform you of the following (temporary) changes within our clinic.
- We feel it is important to try to prevent direct and indirect contact with our clients for now. More than ever we will be focused on hygiene and desinfection inside the clinic. We wil not shake your hand and ask you to try to pay without direct contact as much as possible. Desinfectant gels will be available in our waiting room and consult rooms.
- To avoid unnecessary crowding in the waiting room, we ask you to come with as little amount of people as possible. Clients who show signs of viral infection will be asked to wait outside.
- Of course we would also like to serve clients belonging to so called risk groups (elderly people, people with any underlying disease). If you call us in advance we can work out a solution with you.
- House calls will not be done for the time being.
- If you want to visit us to pick up food and/or medication please call us in advance, so we can make sure your order is already processed and ready to be picked up.
We get questions about the role of our pets in this viral outbreak. Both dogs and cats can have disease caused by a Corona virus. In these cases a type A Corona virus is involved. The outbreak of Covid 2019 in humans is caused by a Corona virus type B. Transfer of the virus between humans and animals has not been shown up until now.
Vetcare, veterinary clinic
Vetdent, referral centre for veterinary dentistry.